Love your work
I’m a little disheartened by the amount of negativity pumping through the online world at the moment. From the anti-Jessica Watson sentiment to the collective virtual eye-rolling when a reality contestant cries, from snark on industry forums to ripping apart campaigns that push the boundaries, from the vitriol against Facebook to the Microsoft/Apple showdowns that put football hooligans to shame.
We are bordering on confusing an opinion delivered with conviction with self righteous tirades and I’m not entirely sure why. Sometimes I think we just feel the need to sound confident when blogging on a topical point, or stimulating conversation through stirring the pot and this is easier to do with criticism. Sometimes I think we’re simply afraid to share with the world what we really like.
So instead of getting all negative on why we’re all negative, I’d like to share a few of my favourite online things:
- My favourite Twitter account is definitely @MisterShuffles
- I have a fangirl thing going on for blogger Amber Naslund
- I’m loving the Dymocks 101 Tweet your review campaign running at the mo
- I still get a kick out of the iPew app
- Nothing beats The Superficial for some trashy gossip
- I never fail to get an energy boost on the Twitters from @KatinkaLooise, @Davidahood and @KristinRohan
- I really enjoyed HubSpot’s Foursquare Cops series (and the fact that they kept it short and sweet)
I would love to hear what you love, either in the comments below, by blogging about something that’s made you all warm and fuzzy from the online world recently or tweeting with #loveyourwork.
~ by mandi bateson on May 18, 2010.